Weather & Climate Writing
Magazine and newspaper stories since retiring from USA TODAY in 2005
- 2012 and 2013 stories for the Washington Post newspaper and weather blog
- Weatherwise magazine, July-August 2011: The Art of Forecasting a NASA Shuttle Launch
- UMBC Magazine, summer issue: Storm Stalker
- Smithsonian Air & Space magazine July 2011: How Things Work: Lightning Protection
- Weatherwise magazine, January-February, 2010: Volcanoes affect climate and airplanes
A sampling of USA TODAY stories
At USA Today beginning in 1982 he wrote about weather events and helped other reporters with the meteorological aspects of their stories. He also begin joining atmospheric scientists at work on tornado chases and in hurricane-hunting airplanes.
The links below are to a few of the weather stories he wrote after 1995 when USA Today began publishing stories on the Web. Note: USATODAY.com design and formatting have changed since the stories linked below were published. Thus, some photos do not appear and some links no longer work.